Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tractor mania

A friend named Julie asked me to make her daughter a festive tractor dress for a special trip that she and her family are taking to Kentucky to see family. She gave me really fun John Deere fabric and a solid green fabric that would make a great accent. Hmmmm.... what to do? I looked and looked online for inspiration and came up with nothing. So I decided to look through my patterns and see if anything jumped out at me.

I found this McCalls 5918 pattern
and got inspired! I have made it a couple of times before and thought it produced cute garments. The John Deere fabric made a great main/dominant fabric and the green really complimented it well - don't you think?
Front

Back

The only thing that I would change for next time is the ribbon. I wish I had some white ribbon with green polka dots on it to match the green accent fabric. I did not want to go out and buy more ribbon since I have oodles already and I knew I could find one that worked. A really cute idea that I got from my friend Carly is to make button holes to weave the ribbon through so it does not ride up. How cute and practical??

No comments:

Post a Comment