Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pretty in pink

This dress turned out just as cute as I imagined it would be. There is a local line of children's clothing called Chez Ami by a designer named Patsy Aiken. I love a lot of her ideas but her clothes are a bit pricey. She is really good at knowing what coordinates well... like when to accent a flower fabric with a plaid band or when to use dots with prints. What I have started doing is cutting out pictures from her catalog and trying to replicate what she does on my own. One of the dresses that I think is so adorable is a yellow dress with white polka dots with rickrack sewn across the middle. I could not find the picture of the dress on her site so here is the top and bloomers with the same idea.Isn't that cute? I set out to replicate it and had a lot of fun doing it. I have this very simple A-line dress pattern that I have been using a bit lately because it only has 4 pieces and it so simple to do. Isabelle picked out this pink fabric with white dots and then I found cute flower rickrack to go with it. Fun! Fun! Fun! Of course, I used the leftover rickrack to make a simple "I" on the top. I think it tied everything together nicely. The good thing about using the rickrack for the monogram is that I will easily be able to take it out and use this dress for Grace when she gets older.
Isabelle loves her new dress!!! The timing was really perfect because she has been really sick these past few days and I think getting dolled up in pink was just the medicine she needed!!! We have one girlie girl on our hands.
Stay tuned for this fabric possibly to make an appearance in the Easter dresses...

No comments:

Post a Comment