Monday, January 16, 2012

Cupcake Party Dress

This dress just makes me happy!  Winter can be so dreary but this winter is full of fun and color in my sewing repertoire. 
Cupcake dress front
I made this dress for my younger daughter to coordinate with the below Feliz party dress that I made for my older daughter.
 
 This Butterick 5017 pattern has been a favorite of mine for babies/one-year-olds for a while.
The pattern has horizontal panels but I like the vertical panels instead.
Cupcake dress back
To make sure that the dress coordinated well with the Feliz dress for my older daughter, I tied in the cupcake corduroy, purple plaid twill, hot pink rickrack, pink and green pom pom fringe.
 My daughter still is not walking, so I made coordinating pants to go with the dress. 


I love the idea of sewing elastic about 2 inches above the hem and creating a cute ruffling at the bottom.  I also sewed a ribbon onto the ankle area that helps tie the pants into the dress.  I think next time, I will make the pants longer so the ruffle can be more distinct.  It is  too subtle for me on these pants.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment