Saturday, January 7, 2012

Wild about fish

My son rarely gets excited about fabric.  He gets dragged to the fabric store and then has to watch as I pick out fun fabric for little girls.   He spends most of the time trying to touch every single fabric in the store.  Recently, we were in the fabric store and Gabe started squealing and saying, "Momma, I love this!"  Well, I whipped my head around who had mimicked Gabe's little voice perfectly.  Lo, it was Gabe with this sweet smile on his face touching this fish-themed flannel.  This mommy heart melted and I bought some on the spot (woops - impulse buy!).
Gabe hammin' it up for the camera
I got to work later that night and knocked this McCalls' romper out pretty quickly.  It does not have pockets because I ran out of fabric but they can always be added later (and they will be since all little boys - especially mine - love pockets to hide their treasures in).  

This McCall's pattern is really easy 

and I have used it many many many times before for both shortalls and longalls.  I encourage you to use it if you are looking for a solid romper pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment