Thursday, November 25, 2010

Coordinating sisters on Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful day of giving thanks. I keep thinking of Psalm 118:1 which says, "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever." We are so thankful for the Lord's many blessings in our lives; we are especially thankful for our 3 amazing kids. Here are Isabelle and Grace in their coordinating dresses on this special day.
I have already posted about Isabelle's dress here.
Grace's dress was a little more difficult but it was still fun. I used Simplicity 2392 Babies' Vintage Layette pattern. I picked and chose different parts of each of the dresses shown in the pattern so it took me a little while to figure out what I needed to cut out for the pattern. While sewing the dress, I had a really hard time following some of the directions so I just winged it for some parts. Despite the issues with the pattern, I think it came out really well.

I may still add some appliqued circles to the bottom of the dress like Isabelle's, but that will come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment