Monday, November 15, 2010

She must be a really good friend!

I have a really good friend named Autumn who has been a prayer partner of mine for many years now and we have been raising our young kids together. Her youngest son, Judah, turned 1 today. Here is Judah (on the right) with our son, Gabe (on the left) a few months ago.

I really wanted to sew Judah something for this special birthday. It is harder to sew things for boys because cute fabric and good patterns are harder to find for boys. What to do?

Well, Autumn's husband is a big Dallas Cowboy's fan so I decided to make Judah a Cowboy's hoodie. You have to know what a labor of love this was because the Cowboys are my LEAST favorite football team and they actually wound up beating the Giants the day I finished this hoodie. Oh well. I love you, little Judah! Happy Birthday!!

I have added something new to my projects... labels!


I realized that none of the clothes I was making had sizes on them and this might be a problem later on as I forget how old the kids were when I made the outfits. It would also be helpful for people who I give gifts to to know what sizes the clothes are. I am still working out the kinks but labels are really easy. You can get fabric that feeds through your printer so you print on it and it is ready to get sewed onto your project.

No comments:

Post a Comment