Friday, August 20, 2010

Girl's Dress (McCall's 2033)

I finished this dress from McCall's tonight and am excited about it! Check it out! It is a gift for my niece's 3rd birthday.

The top is very full and is sleeveless instead of having thin straps which will be warmer for my niece who lives in a cold part of the country! I really like how the lining shows here and complements the main fabric.


I am showing you the back because it was difficult for me to get that last button on there with my machine. The buttonhole foot could not glide over the bottom of the trunk and the top of the gathered skirt. I wound up having to use a zigzag stitch manually and wing it. It is functional, but it sure is a technique that I need to improve on for next time.

This dress also has a continuous lap on the skirt part which I need to do a lot of practice with for future outfits. The part of the pattern that explains how to do it just baffles me!!

I have also made this dress as part of a matching set for my friend's children for the holidays. It is a lot simpler looking in the red corduroy my friend chose for her outfits than in the crazy patterns I chose for my niece. I like the way they both look in the different fabrics.

This dress, as I said, is for my niece Owyn's birthday and Isabelle has a matching dress in another pattern. I can't wait to see pics of Owyn so I can show you more matching cousin pictures! Here is Isabelle in hers:
***11/27/10 Here is the picture of my niece in her dress. She is soooooo cute!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment